Thursday, December 25, 2008

The greatest gift

Well another Christmas is almost past and this year was pretty good. For one thing, I didn't get sick this year or even have a headache at any of the three parties I went to today. That is a gift in itself.

Then there was the joy of watching Olivia open presents for the first time. Christmas is one more thing that changes once you have a child.

As far as gifts, there were several nice things of course. There are the gift cards, which are fun, and the always welcome replacement underpants, t-shirts and socks. There were some unexpected gifts like my cool new football and 20 Questions Simpsons Game which are awesome.

I got a slick new sweatshirt I can wear to work now. At least I think I can wear it, since it has the company logo on it.

We also got the movie, Horton Hears a Who and the Ultimate Veggie Tales Silly Songs DVD. Sweet!

My greatest gift, however, didn't come today, but long before.


It wasn't wrapped in festive paper or with ribbons, adorned.


No, my greatest gift of all


didn't come from a gun store, a catalog or mall.


Nonetheless, I feel great and oh so nifty,


that I got this wonderful gift...






an Xbox 360.



What? What did you think I was gonna say? Seriously, I got it like over a month ago. It is awesome! Jess let me get it at Best Buy and I just brought it home and played it for hours. In fact, I think I'm going to go play it right now!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Oh Greg....

Jessica said...

Oh Greg...silly, silly Greg...
I am glad you are still happy with your gift :)

unseeableroute said...

oh Lord you are so bad, I laughed so hard I peed my pants