Sunday, December 30, 2007

Operation: Baby Launch...Commencing

7:15 - We're settled in for the long haul. From the sounds of it, there isn't much that is going to happen tonight except something called "ripening." I'm not sure what that is...I'm not sure I want to know what that is.

Here is my beautiful wife ready to take on the world:



Anyway, wish us luck (mostly Jess) and I will keep you all up-to-date on our progress...

9:25 - The first medicine goes to work...

Sleeping was terrible for both of us, but surprisingly the night went relatively quick. I guess I zonked out for a little while at least and I was able to serenade my wonderful wife with snoring.

5:30 - Some signs of real progress...finally some steady contractions. They are not where they need to be yet, but they are growing more intense and closer together. I feel the grogginess wearing off and the excitement of everything fueling me for the day ahead!

8:30 - Jess has been having pretty steady contractions for awhile now...nothing powerful enough to cause cussing, but it is a good sign. Right now she is passing the time playing Tetris in her comfy rocker. I think I'll try to relax in her awesome bed. Feet go up...head goes up...feet go down...head up...lumber increase...feet up...lumbar decrease. Good thing I am easy to entertain.

2:00 pm - The wait continues. Both of us are feeling the frustration of waiting and waiting without major changes. I am trying to keep everything in perspective and the reality of the fact that labor can easily last a really long time. Number one is the health of the baby.

3:30 pm - Water is broken. Contractions are growing in intensity. I am excited and slightly re energized at the progress. Jess is taking it like a champ.

4:30 pm - Jess has decided to try some drug enhancement for pain modifacation. She went with Stadol and that knocked her right out. It got her through about an hour of pretty steady contractions, but she sure didn't like the side effects. I'll have to ask her later if she thought it was worth it.

6:00 pm - Making good steady progress now...Jess is at about 3cm+

9:39 pm - Epidural is in. Mommy is at 5cm on last inspection. Internal Fetal Monitors are now "installed" as well.

2 comments:

unseeableroute said...

Hope everything is going ok. Probably be a long and tiring day. Love ya

Unknown said...

You better call me when she has my baby niece! I don't care what time it is! Maybe you'll have the first baby of the new year! :) Good luck!!! Ashley & Brad!