Thursday, January 10, 2008

Things to Come

It is no wonder why I get excited about the new life I'm starting with my wife and daughter and I can't help think about the things to come and new challenges and adventures. I'm like that...ever imaging how great the next phase in my life will be. I dream about coming home to a little girl smiling and yelling, "Daddy, Daddy!" as she greets me at the door with a hug. It is a great dream and such an amazing thing to hope for and look forward to, but I have to remind myself to slow down. I can't allow myself to fast forward through my life. There is so much I have right here, right now. The precious moments I get to hold my little girl in my arms are so few and I need to remember to cherish them before they are gone.

Every day I grow in love for my wife and my child. Every day I am moved at how lucky and blessed I am. Every day I must savor the moments that are happening in the here and now so as to not let my anticipation for what is to come, overshadow what is happening already.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, nothing comes close to kids running down the hall screaming "Daddy" and wrapping their arms around your legs and tripping you causing you to fall on top of them in a big heap of love! Seriously, every day of parenting gets better even with the challenges. The joys far out weigh all of them!