Sunday, October 12, 2008

"Shut up, Shut UP, SHUT UP!" And Other Conversations I've Had With Myself

I've had so many thoughts and ideas racing around my head which were mostly just plain silly to be wasting my time with. It is easy to surrender to the noise of this world and push to the back burner the more important things...the most important things.

Just because I get to teach a new piece of the Bible story each week doesn't automatically translate into me getting a chance to find some quiet to listen to what God has to say about my life and my direction.

I turned off the radio in my car this past week to try and take advantage of a great opportunity I have being that I live and hour from my work. It was pretty amazing how my mind, like some over-stimulated crack addict would jump from pointless thoughts to movie recaps and desires for yet more stuff that I don't even really want.

I'm hoping I just needed to defrag a little and the rides into work can be more quiet.

No comments: