Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Slowing Down


My new car reads the mpg as I drive. Not just an average mpg over how ever many miles I drive, I have that too, but it has an instant visual of how many miles I am getting for the gallon of petrol at any second. I push down the accelerator...5. I coast to a stop sign...99. I'm generally mesmerized by it, it is a new game for me as I drive to and from work. I find my self smoothly picking up speed as I travel on declines and letting my momentum carry me up the hills. Overall, it takes me longer to get to work, but it is just a few minutes in the end. I get passed a lot more that I used to, but that is okay too.

Good things do come to those who are willing to trust and to wait.

Life takes patience.

As God works in me and with me to get me where He wants me to go, I sometimes forget that it isn't something that can be rushed. Sometimes I have to take steps back in order to move forward in a totally different direction because I was going too fast. More often than not, I find myself making wrong turns trying to reach good and healthy goals, because I didn't take the time to simply ask God for His wisdom and guidance. Whether it is financially or relationally or spiritually, I can try to go after something better, but without God, I miss out on the best of everything.

God's plan cannot be done without God and a willingness to wait for Him...in our speech, our prayers and our thoughts.

Life takes patience...but it is worth the wait.

2 comments:

anne said...

So? What did you get?

Greg said...

http://findingtheonramp.blogspot.com/2008/05/spending-money-to-save-money.html