Thursday, May 1, 2008

Something in my eye

Great friends can withstand distance and silence, but the reunion is so bittersweet sometimes.  Old memories push forward and remind us of great times we miss and are missing.  

The journey of life has forks in the road though, and sometimes two friends have to take different paths.  I don't regret the path I've chosen or that's been chosen for me, but I do sometimes miss those who traveled with me along the way and are now on a different route.   Perhaps we'll intersect through the years and remember, together, why our hearts are so fond of one another, but if not, in the end I think we will end up at the same destination.

Until then, know this, you are in my thoughts and prayers and I wish nothing but the best for all of you who have traveled with me in strength, weakness, struggle, joy, despair, and ultimately friendship.

No comments: