Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Silhouette on the Horizon




"The journey of life has forks in the road...and sometimes two friends have to take different paths. I don't regret the path I've chosen or that's been chosen for me, but I do sometimes miss those who traveled with me along the way and are now on a different route. Perhaps we'll intersect through the years and remember, together, why our hearts are so fond of one another, but if not, in the end I think we will end up at the same destination."

I've come to another fork in the road and seen a another friend fading into the horizon. I've seen the shrinking silhouette for some time now and didn't know what to say and frankly didn't know how to feel.

We've since talked and regardless of my feelings, the paths we must each go are just not the same. So, I turn the corner on another surprising twist of fate. Two people following the same Lord, going in different directions.

Maybe I'll figure it out further on down the road, but for now I look on ahead...and smile.
I'll come away better for our friendship and I will have nothing but warm memories of the brief bit of life we shared together.