Thursday, September 11, 2008

Happy New Year!

Last Sunday was the launch of a new ministry year at Discovery Village, which is the children's ministry of my amazing church. This time around I took the summer off and it was a good break to get some home projects done, take trips with my wife and daughter, and generally unwind from the weekly commitments of helping a hundred or so kids learn about God.

I do love it though. It is so great to get back at it. Our first lesson went great and I can't wait for next week to come. While teaching and storytelling are a lot of fun, these weekly lessons also give me focus on my own studies of God. I've never been in a small group or been able to follow home studies very well. Instead I find community within the amazing church staff and fellow volunteers like myself. I've met a lot of great people and I continue to grow friendships with those who stand with me.

So, Happy New DV Year!

1 comment:

anne said...

I will say you were freaking hysterical on Sunday.