Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Namesake

"For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life." ~John 3:16 NLT

A great man passed away yesterday and heart aches at the thought of it. I don't mourn his release from the pain he endured the last several days, weeks and even months. There is reason to feel great joy at his passing because of my faith in God and his promise for the future. The moments I will mourn are those that were lost. What a loss to not have the opportunity to visit with him more and play cards with him and laugh with him anymore. My daughter will miss the great opportunity to grow up with her great great grandfather in her life and to listen to his sea stories.

His memory lives on though and his name lives on as well. Our daughter carries it to honor him and remember him. So now I look forward to hearing the stories of his life through his family...my family. I look forward and smile at the thought of a time when I can tell Olivia McKay about her great great grandfather, David McKay.


No comments: