Saturday, October 6, 2007

Camping out...sort of


I've just returned from what can only loosely be described as camping out. I stayed in a fancy camper on a bed. There was running water, working toilets and electricity in abundance. It was more like staying over at someone else's house...who lives in a trailer park...in the woods.


Don't get me wrong, I'm no die hard camper who thinks this is the sissy way to do it. I would have a hard time doing it any other way, which could explain why I don't get into the woods very much.


One thing that really made me think this weekend is how amazing God's world is that he has put us in to live. Since the beginning of time the beauty that he created...the waters and skies and trees and rocks...has been around. They aren't outdated or obsolete. They never go out of style. Nothing that we have created or can create will match the splendor of God's work. It is timeless.