Saturday, November 24, 2007

2am Practice

For the past several nights I've been waking up at around 2am along with my wife. It is the kind of waking up where you flop out of of bed, lumber over to the alarm clock, stare at it from 6 inches away and then realize how early it is...awesome.

I've convinced myself that this is all in preparation for the 2am birth and the 2am feedings and 2am cryings and 2am diaper changes and 2am cryings...for me this time. I guess it is better than quiting sleep cold turkey. Mmm...cold turkey. I think I could use one of those 2am feedings right now. I wonder if my wife will bring me food if I start screaming and crying. I could tell her it is good practice for motherhood and I am doing it out of love. Even this early, I know that isn't the wise choice.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Look who's learning about wise choices!!