Monday, November 19, 2007

Time Flies

I can't believe how quickly the last several weeks have flown by. I am simultaneously excited and terrified at the coming responsibility that the birth of my daughter will bring. We finally broke down and bought a travel system. We looked at some less expensive packages and actually found one that I really like a lot. It is really easy to fold up and reassemble. We are also looking at other things to fill in the gaps. Our baby doesn't have any pants for example. Lots of cute shirts and shoes and blankets...holy crap she has a lot of blankets, but she is currently pantless. I will be glad to remedy this situation, but I just have to remember not to forget.

My wife's "book" themed baby shower was a big success and now we have all sorts of fun books that I can read to her at night. I started last night practicing my voices for Frog and Toad. One book that, based on her spastic movements, seems to be a hit is The Monster at the End of the Book. She was jumping around when I read her that.

It is a fun time right now and it will only get better.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh I used to so love that story!!

Our book shower went well too...plus, I got to comb through the toy box at my Grandma's and take a whole stack of my favorite books from a million years ago.

Greg said...

How does it end? I was too scared to finish.